Skype
akirezu

ARMA 3: Resist - Intro 3 ARMA 3: Resist - Intro 3

Ideas come straightforward right off the short intro :01,:02, It could have been made much longer and way more dramatic just using the few beginning instruments with the mellow bassy tones in the background with the violin sputtering out a dramatic beginning melody making for a much more fluently fluid and rich opening to the rest of the song but listening to the overall dynamics of the song it flows well, It gives of a very strong Battlefield 2 menu theme including the quiet parts leading up to the heavy tones, The violin gets a little tired at parts and I think it could use a little more emphasis bringing itself up above some of the other instruments in busy sections of the song, It all sounds like a great beginning to an epic orchestral show but there's some bass tones that should come through much fiercer.

KatMaestro responds:

Well, I would love to do what you just said there. But I can't. First of all, this is not intended for epic orchestra feel. It's for suspenseful action. Cello, to be corrected, was intended for dark and unsettling feelings for the game audiences. Unfortunately, I tried brass as a lead instrument, and I didn't get the ARMA feel. Bass, is also a bad thing in this. It's my fault I didn't clarify that in the description.

Middle East music isn't known for bassy thing. Especially with the Greek vibe. This is not a trance song. It's timed event, not a continuation.

Well... thank you for the advices. But no thanks. :)

Rainforest Rainforest

An emotional start opens up to an orchestral wonderland of winded instuments, blended beautifully together with a lone man clapping starting a massive uproar of dub-stuff, personally, I think your orchestral work outshines the dub, but it really feels out of place trying to imagine what could have been done with an orchestral opening rather than mixing some dub in, the lead and dub seems to overpower the flute which in turn is louder than both but seems out of place when mixed together, overall it doesn't sound so bad, but I was expecting a more complex closure of this piece.

Pandasticality responds:

creative critique, thank you, il keep those things in mind as i try to improve.
- Pandasticality

Snowland Snowland

Love the little toy piano that starts up in the snowstorm, chasing it away, The violin is great that starts up but gets kind of ruined by the strange twerking noise, I'd suggest blending the violin notes together a little so it sounds more natural and you get a little extra oomph, The ordering of some instuments seems to ruin the good vibe of the chior when it starts bangin, I'd say it's a pretty good song for a winter / christmas song so I'ma give it a 4

Farewell Spaceship Farewell Spaceship

I guess you finally found a good song to throw in those familiar tricks of orchestral rises at, They work well with the laid back easygoing of the song, Your synths sound great but not all the notes please my ears with the meaty one starting at :31 seems almost to harsh for a mellow song like this, and the repeated notes around :50 surprisingly work and continue to give the song a space feeling all throughout, the loop cycle is great and I can see this in a sort of alien war space game.

eatmeatleet responds:

thanks, really good input, I am trying to fix this song as I can right now. I'll see about those notes

Kabalist - Entrapment Kabalist - Entrapment

I'm surprised the piano manages to shine through the scratchy snare near the beginning that seems to drown anything out, It sounds nice and continues to shine until the lead and hat start to overcome it along with the brass, But then it's dub time which seems too messy to me but I rarely dabble in dub, The simple synth rises and wizzles go great with the overall theme and the piano peeks in throughout to keep a sense of sanity, The Funk rub rhythm around 3:55 is great but the 8-bit synth seems over lived after it's pitch rise, Overall a good, great, complete sounding track with a simple but proper pianotic ending.

Kabalist responds:

Thanks for the constructive review, Tykwa!

//Kabalist.

abba - dancing queen dbstep rm abba - dancing queen dbstep rm

STARTS OFF
I HAVE TO FART
PUSHING IT SLOWLY
IT RUNS OUT
INTO THE BOWL
ARRRRRRRRGH THE SMELL

HyperTrough responds:

It's amazing how music can affect us. Thank you for sharing your incredible story :)

Hold Me Closely Hold Me Closely

chorus sounds like shit

the -BEST- tetris remix!!! the -BEST- tetris remix!!!

ABSOLUTELY GENIUOS

Ready for Interception Ready for Interception

Very nice sound overall, I'm not sure if, on the intro, The drums should be un-passed with the rise or not, but it would be something worth experimenting. I believe some reverb could be used on the abruptness of :58, I think completely silence should only be from extreme to extreme, not extreme to rise, (Like at 1:44).

It's a little loud" as I get a little distortion on the main synth, It sounds like your going for a jumpy wub towards the end of the song but it's "stuck" in mids.

71%

The Best Song Ever The Best Song Ever

sounds like shit, it's a loop, not a song, and it lasts 3 seconds.

thederpgamer responds:

appreciate the constructive criticism man thanks for the review